RE: quote a few reasons to downgrade a database release

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:53:35 -0400

Just the other day, we almost had to fallback to 9iR2 from 10gR2. A graphical interface, written in the Coldfusion language, did not support 10g. Our developer found a workaround at the last minute. This is something that did not come up during testing.

Lesson: Make sure your test plan is thorough...check with all vendors (including peripheral products) to assure their software is compatible.

Michael Fontana
NTT/Verio
Senior Database Administrator
mfontana_at_verio.net