Re: Refresh materialized view by other user then owner

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:01:24 +0200

Ahh okay, then there is one part of the confusion we can identify:

SYS is magical, SYS is different.If you connect AS SYSDBA, using any user, you get into the database as user SYS, and not the actual user you specified when connecting. And I tend to think that this is the root cause of your problems. You really, really, really should not use SYS for storing user data. The same goes for the SYSTEM tablespace, this is reserved for Oracle database internal data as well.

Could you try issuing the following statements, when you're connected to the database AS SYSDBA and let me know if this works.

grant create session, alter any materialized view to user_b;

Stefan