Re: DATABASE HANGS WITH SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:50:50 +0200

I agree with the other members who responded that probably it's just a case of SMON having to do a lot of work - and not using old-school tablespace types. There is one other possibility perhaps: The ugly, old bug w.r.t. memory leaking and Shutdown immediate just hanging. I think the usual workaround still works:

event="10262 trace name context forever, level 0"

Again, it's probably just a completely normal thing you're seeing, but it MIGHT be the bug rearing its head again.

Mogens