RE: Defunct processes in 10g(mmon and qmnc)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:44:03 -0500

Yup. 10.1.0.4 on Solaris 9. The defuncts death spiraled until we ran out of OS process slots and I had to bounce the instance. All 10000+ processes that I saw were from MMON. And this was on a production box. From the SR: "Development indicates that the MMON messages occur when manageability features like automatic snapshots stop if one executes 'alter system enable restricted session' and then 'alter system disable restricted session'."

I had not touched any of the ADDM stuff in this database, so I'm not exactly buying the answer, but YMMV.

GL!

Rich