RE: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

From: Luca Canali <Luca.Canali_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:06:46 +0200

Hi,

It is not mandatory to set cluster_database to true. Mount exclusive can be used instead (but it is the same idea, the control file must be accessible by only one instance when changing it for archivelog).

Cheers,
L.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of LS Cheng Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:47 PM
To: Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru
Cc: vikramsingh120_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

May I ask why should CLUSTER_DATABASE set to FALSE?

On 4/25/06, Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru> wrote:

        Hi,

	Steps:
	0. ALTER SYSTEM SET CLUSTER_DATABASE=FALSE SCOPE=SPFILE;
	1. Shutdown all instances cleanly (normal, immediate,
transactional)
	2. "Startup mount" one instance
	3. ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG;
	4. ALTER DATABASE OPEN;
	5. ALTER SYSTEM SET CLUSTER_DATABASE=TRUE;
	6. SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
	7. Startup all the instances. Do not forget to set
log_archive_dest_n
	for all instances. Otherwise you'll find archived logs in
$ORACLE_HOME/dbs
	NOTE: do not forget to specify %t or %T in log_archive_format.
That
	would help to distinguish logs from different instances.

	HTH
	Andrey

	Andrey KRIUSHIN (Oracle9i Certified Master), Oracle products
expert

        Postal: RDTEX JSC, #6, Zavodskoy proezd, 142281, Protvino, Russia

	E-mail: Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru
	WWW:    http://www.rdtex.ru
	Phone:  +7(4967)744581,740876 (internal: 135), code (27) from
Moscow
	Fax:    +7(4967)740754

	vikram singh wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am currently on a RAC database with NOARCHIVELOG
option. I want
> to make the database to ARCHIVELOG mode.
> Please instruct me as to how to proceed. Any advice is
welcome.