Re: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:48:56 +0400

Hi,

Steps:

0. ALTER SYSTEM SET CLUSTER_DATABASE=FALSE SCOPE=SPFILE;
1. Shutdown all instances cleanly (normal, immediate, transactional)
2. "Startup mount" one instance
3. ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG;
4. ALTER DATABASE OPEN;
5. ALTER SYSTEM SET CLUSTER_DATABASE=TRUE;
6. SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
7. Startup all the instances. Do not forget to set log_archive_dest_n
for all instances. Otherwise you'll find archived logs in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs NOTE: do not forget to specify %t or %T in log_archive_format. That would help to distinguish logs from different instances.

HTH
  Andrey

Andrey KRIUSHIN (Oracle9i Certified Master), Oracle products expert

Postal: RDTEX JSC, #6, Zavodskoy proezd, 142281, Protvino, Russia E-mail: Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru
WWW: http://www.rdtex.ru
Phone: +7(4967)744581,740876 (internal: 135), code (27) from Moscow Fax: +7(4967)740754