Re: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

From: Harish Kalra <harish.kumar.kalra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:18:48 +0100

Vikram:

Only diff. in RAC is that you would need to create two thread log groups if it is 2 node RAC and assign one to each database instance. I mean there is instance specific redo thread. Suppose you have created two redo thread group for 2 node RAC. Then you can assign thread 1 to instance 1 and thread 2 to instance 2. You will have to assign thread using "THREAD" parameter in database initialization parameter file.

Thanks
-Harish Kalra