beginners questions regarding CMAN

From: Mathias Diehl <md_at_evoconcept.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:40:12 +0100

Hi List,

again a beginners question :-(

I installed Oracle 10g sucefully and also my cman started on the database host.

As I located the database behind a firewall I though about using cman to connect my clients. tnsping works like a charm,

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = eva.domain.de)(PORT = 1630))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = red.domain.de))) OK (10 msec)

but sqlplus does complains

ERROR:
ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

As far as I understood the documentation I only need to install cman on my db host and configure the client to use port 1630.

Or have I missed a small detail???

Any help would be appreciated.

Mat