sqlpath default sql dir for unix

From: orcl <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:03:31 -0400

In windows you can set the "working directory" for your sql scripts by setting the SQLPATH environment variable. This is a handy feature. Today I tried to set that in unix and it woudnlt recognize it. The docs say

"in windows, users dont have a concept or a working dir, so the variable is needed. In unix its the current director you are in. In unix the SQLPATH is used to point to the location of glogin.sql ". I know I can set a env variable, but how to get sql plus to recognize it? I like to have my sql scripts close at hand, without having to remember to cd into that dir. How do people handle this?

Thanks
Bob