Re: Cache buffer chains (kslbegin)

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:57:01 +0200

Stephen,

In Statspack report you might find useful section "Top 5 Buf. Busy Waits per Segment" as well as "Tablespace/File IO Stats" (Buffer Waits column). Types of the blocks you can find in the "Buffer wait Statistics" section of a Statspack report.

You can check which sessions are responsible for those waits quering V$SESSION_EVENT if sessions are connected for relatively long time. You can than enable 10046 trace for those sessions and see reason code as well as problem statements. Or you can try to sample V$SESSION_WAIT as suggested already.

Better yet, I would tackle it from another point of view asking the question - which sessions experiencing performance problems. Perhaps, those sessions are not suffering from excessive "buffer busy waits".

Regards,
Alex

--
Best regards,