RE: Oracle client in Citrix

From: Cornio, Georgette Ms USACFSC <Georgette.Cornio_at_cfsc.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:48:13 -0400

We have been using CITRIX for our apps since 1999

Basicly CITRIX sits ontop of Microsoft Terminal Services,  make sure your Admins get all the necessary CITRIX & Microsoft licensces

ORACLE does not approve of CITRIX,
 since it works so well & they get no $ cut from it

The clients load pretty much the same as on a standalone

We have used Dev R2 & 6i, Load these first into the DEFAULT_HOME

We have loaded clients 815 & 817 & 920 w/OEM 9 into separate homes You can probaly also load 10G

You may need to use .cmd files to start apps that use different clients,  to set the paths and such

On CITRIX we use either a local Administrator or Domain account for all of the loads
We have run CITRIX in & not in Domains
We have used var versions of CITRIX on NT W2K W2K3 We have users worldwide user mutiple sytems in various countries

Before any loads, at the DOS prompt enter CHANGE USER /INSTALL
After the loads enter
CHANGE USER /EXECUTE The remote users need to make sure Firewalls are open to your system IPS at TCP/IP 1494
UDP 1604 Good Luck

Georgette