Re: 750G disk details were leaked today

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:29:08 +0800

I've forwarded links to BAARF and BAHD_for_DBs to IT Operations management in my organisation,
with the first line of my message being
"With increasing Disk Sizes and Bean Counter's preference for RAID-5, DBAs are fighting a
loosing battle."

Don't expect 100% implementation of small-disk + non-RAID5 frameworks in my organisation !

Hemant.
At 04:02 AM Saturday, you wrote:
>Comrades:
> ... As as such, in the tradition of BAARF, I have launched BAHD for DBs,
> the Battle Against Huge Disks for Databases.
>
>Please join me in my fight against huge disks for databases. Or not.
>
>Thank you,
>Paul

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital