RE: Switch between two statspack ( perfstat ) schemas

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:45:11 -0700

Why not just periodically purge the older data from your statspack tables? Tim Gorman has a handy script for this over at evdbt.com: http://www.evdbt.com/tools.htm#sppurpkg

Regards,
Brandon

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Ranko Mosic Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:53 AM
To: _oracle_L_list
Subject: Switch between two statspack ( perfstat ) schemas

Hi List,
I need to switch between two statspack schemas every 3 months ( tables become too big so we want to switch back and forth with snapshot truncate and dbms_job modification during the switch ). I'll have perfstat1 and perfstat2 users and each of them will have it's own set of statspack tables.

The question is: how do I make it transparent to the user so they always connect to the same user. Let's say they connect to perfstat1. How do I make them use perfstat2 tables/objects ? Local tables always takes precedence when referenced, no matter what I do with synonyms. If exec snapshot.snap it will always exeecute perfstat1 proc. Oracle V9x ( irrelevant I guess).
--

Regards,
Ranko Mosic

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 21 2006 - 13:45:11 CDT