OT : Conference sponsorship

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:17:33 +0200

Listers,

   Disclaimer: I don't intend to ignite a heated discussion about the suitability of a particular product to sustain this or this type of application ...

I discovered by chance that two conferences are taking place at about the same time (well, I knew about one ... but I am going to neither). I found the comparison of the respective lists of sponsors and exhibitors interesting:

http://www.ioug.org/collaborate06/vendor/currentsponsors.cfm http://www.mysqluc.com/pub/w/45/exhibitors.html

It is true that the multiplication of Oracle events (in particular the ubiquitous "Oracle World" high mass) has led to a kind of sponsor fatigue, or perhaps more exactly that sponsors have had to make choices - not yet the case with MySQL.

Stéphane Faroult