RE: PL/SQL Procedures Get Invalidated

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:30:38 -0400

Packages go invalid if you ALTER objects that the package is dependent on. Being that these are test databases could the problem be developers adding new columns to tables, modifying the length of columns, replacing stored procedures and functions, modifying the procedure parameter list in package procedures, etc.... In other words are you sure the problem is not normal development work going on?

Stupid design mistakes such as referencing a table created and dropped via dynamic SQL execute in one stored procedure from packages is another potential cause of problems like this. (I think I saw this last on metalink once.)

HTH -- Mark D Powell --