RE: Grouping My Graphs

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:02:39 -0400

This is called piecewise multiple linear regression. A net search will find you some references to using data mining in this regard. In your case time is the relevant smoothing spline.

Instead of trying to co-ordinate your graphs, you might do well to toss the various variables versus time into a program that reports the correlations together with confidence calculations. That will save you a lot of analysis on things that “look” like a correlation but have no statistical relevance. Even statistically relevant correlations may have no causal relationship, but at least there is a reasonable chance they might.

Regards,

mwf