RE: Spotting the real cause of a Production slowdown (10g)

From: Schultz, Charles <sac_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:17:26 -0500

Yeah, we already have that idea on the agenda, the hard part is convincing upper admin that we should do it now. In the past, we have observed rapid resizes (v$sga_resize_ops shows that shared pool can grow very quickly early in the "slowdown"), but yesterday we did not observe the same dramatic behavior. Kinda makes me think we are battling we two problems that like to trade days. =)

Thanks for the ideas. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this soon.