RE: Spotting the real cause of a Production slowdown (10g)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:42:12 -0500

I think the results might be misleading. Add these columns:

MIN(sql_text), MAX(sql_text)

to the query. I have some SQLs that are vastly different, but produce the exact same plan under 9.2.0.5.0 with stats and indexed column histograms collected (i.e. more than just a plan difference).

Thoughts?

Rich