RE: separate ORACLE_HOME for ASM

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:45:38 -0400

I believe the motive is to facilitate upgrade isolation and stability for ASM, which may be serving multiple databases. Also, if you got a critical patch that only affects ASM operation you might be able to apply it without affecting (and therefore needing to fully regression test) all the database functionality from all your applications.

Regards,

mwf