Re: Dataguard & ALTER TABLE MOVE tablespace

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:46:57 -0700

The table won't move while the database is open read-only. But it will move when you put the standby back in recovery mode, and the appropriate archivelogs are applied.

--Terry

  Physical standby open in read only
  9.2.0.5
  AIX   When trying to move a table to a new tablespace in the source db, the standby appears to not move the table to the new tablespace. Is this expected behavior?

  Since the db is in read-only mode, I obviously cannot move the table there.

  I need to get objects to a new tablespace (long story, but old mount points need to go away and this looks like the way to do this with least downtime for most objects)

  Any ideas?

  --
  Stephen Andert

--