Re: CIO & flash recovery area

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:26:02 +0200

Allen,
Archived redo logs are written in bulks... I would think that it's written in the same chunks as read. I traced archiver once and got info that it reads from redo in chunks of 1MB (HP-UX 11i Oracle 9.2). I think you can trace archiver to verify it. For sure it writes in chunks more than 512 byte... rather something more like 1 MB.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev