RE: [SPAM] RE: Recovery from online backup

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:22:07 -0400

Are you using rman? If not, just copy the backed up control file to the appropriate location, startup mount, and then proceed with recocery.

If you are using rman, rman actually has a restore controlfile command, if I'm not mistaken.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.  --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988