RE: newbee - jdbc

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:38:48 -0400

Mathias,

You need to include the Oracle class in the classpath where you are executing your java program. I am assuming this is on your client machine.

On unix,
Export CLASSPATH=
.:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:/opt/oracle/product/9 .2.0/JRE:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/jlib:.

Be sure and include the "."

On NT, create an NT environmental on your system for classpath. On my desktop, it looks like:

CLASSPATH=c:\oracle\product\10.1.0\client_1\jlib\;.

Hope this helps.

Tom