Re: Recovery with logs, then incremental, then more logs?

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:10:01 -0500

Issuing a commit forces the LGWR to write the log buffer contents to disk physically, which is a primary mechanism for database consistency. After the successful write, committed changes are permanent whether instance crashes or not later. From your error message, I think that *somehow* log writes are partly successful leading to corruption.

It is scary to have redo log corruption just due to out-of-space errors..

I don't know much about NFS3 protocol, but is your vendor / file system in this list ?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/vendors_nfs.html

Allen, Brandon wrote:
> It is NFS3 - details below:
>

> /baan4 ->mount|grep -e mounted -e --- -e baan4db
> node mounted mounted over vfs date options
> gbtnas01 /baan4db /baan4 nfs3 Feb 12 21:29 rw,bg,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,vers=3,proto=tcp,biods=24
>

> Please let me know if you see any problems with the above config.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.