Re: a dumb question about download software from otn.oracle.com

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:12:02 -0500

As David pointed out, the OTN downloads are only licensed for development and testing (though I suspect they are identical to the CD versions). Oracle has just recently set up a website, edelivery.oracle.com, which is an officially-sanctioned way to download those products that you've licensed.

On 4/18/06 2:52 PM, Li Li wrote:

> Some people in my organization asked if the downloaded binary is the same as
> the one ordered from oracle ;)
> I wonder if this is a legitimate way to get software from oracle (assume you
> have license)?

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator
Pensacola Christian College