RE: I was told there would be no (date) math

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:34:45 -0400

Time travel may not yet be fully supported but you can do this:

tfd2 > select to_date(sysdate - 10) - sysdate from dual;

TO_DATE(SYSDATE-10)-SYSDATE

                 -10.448299

And this
  1* select trunc(sysdate) - 10 - trunc(sysdate) from dual tfd2 > /

TRUNC(SYSDATE)-10-TRUNC(SYSDATE)

                             -10

So the negative should not be a problem. This looks like an internal datatype conversion problem.