10g RAC standby Failover

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 04:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

  I have Oracle 10.1.0.3 database on 4 node RAC and has single Node Physical Standby database and using Data Guard. I am able to perform the successfull Switchover. But now I want to test the Failover so that if RAC site got some breakdown, atleast I can use Standby server. I have 100G Flash back Recovery Area defined on both Primary RAC and Standby site and Flashback is on. Database size is around 200G.

  I really appreciate if anybody can share the test/experience that If I failover to Physical standby Database, then how can make the RAC as new standby using Flashback feature without recreating the Database. I am not able to find the Document on it which refer to RAC. I want to avoid the 200G Restoration.

  TIA
  Sanjay

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 06:43:52 CDT