10g R1, temp tablespace group, level 7 statspack snap - cons stats$seg_stat_pk violated

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:58:42 -0400

10.1.0.4, 10.1.0.4 patch 10 standard edition w2k adv svr sp4

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this type of error before?

Had contention on a single tempfile in a temp tablespace. Only one tempfile out of 4 was being used (one temp tablespace with 1 tempfile on each of 4 mount points) which was resulting in contention. I attempted to leverage a tablespace group for the load to be balanced across multiple temp tablespaces' tempfiles on different mount points. As no potentially good deed goes unpunished, this arrangement threw an error when attempting a level 7 statspack snapshot:

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00001: unique constraint (PERFSTAT.STATS$SEG_STAT_PK) violated
ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT"."STATSPACK". line 2654
ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT"."STATSPACK". line 4516
ORA-06512: at "PERFSTAT"."STATSPACK". line 91
ORA-06512: at line 1

The cons columns are
(snap_id, dbid, instance_number, dataobj#, obj#)

The offending statement is an insert statement.

Funny thing is that at line 2712 of the package, there is a comment regarding avoiding ORA-1. :)

I'm not going to file an SR on this now, but if its still around with the 10.1.0.5 patchset in place I may do so later.

Paul