Metastink

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:05:02 -0500

Trying to ftp a patch from a unix server, never tried it this way before. So far I guess I don't know what I am doing. Can not do a dir, won't let me.

{<foo>}:$ ftp updates.oracle.com
Connected to bigip-aru.oracle.com.
220 FTP server ready.
Name (updates.oracle.com:oracle): frank
331 Username OK, please send password.
Password:

230-
230-           Welcome to the Oracle Patch Download FTP Server
230-
230- For detailed help, use command "quote site help".
230
ftp> quote site help
200-
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection ftp>