Re: ocssd

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:00:28 +0200

Unless I really miss something but based on my experience, understanding and scripts in oracle homes...
init.evmd, init.cssd, init.crsd, init.crs are created in /etc/init.d only during CRS installation by root.sh script. inittab corrected by that script as well. If you have those files than CRS was installed at this node at some point.

10.2 database installation doesn't mess around with files in /etc/init.d

So I would expect that no cssd daemon is running on your system if you never installed CRS and you don't need to stop it (1) and check that /etc/init.d scripts are updated.

I am on SUSE but it should be similar with RH I guess

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev