shared pool question

From: Guang Mei <GMei_at_ph.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:41:11 -0400

Hi
Oracle 9i or 10g.
I have a question about how pl/sql program accessed in the shared pool memory. Let's say I have two schema owners (S1 and S2), and each of them has it's own procedure ProcXYZ. S1.ProcXYZ and S2.ProcXYZ are the same code (100% exact). 1. when ProcXYZ is called by S1 for the first time, oracle loads the pl/sql code into the shared pool, and let's say it satys there (not aged out) afterwards. 2. then S2 calls it's own ProcXYZ, when this happens, does oracle go to the shared pool and find the same code sits there (because it was called by S1) and use that, or oracle loads S2's own ProcXYZ and execute it, so we have two copies of ProcXYZ in shared pool ? Thanks.

Guang