RE: library cache pin on grant execute

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:41:09 -0400

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the cached metadata includes the grant information. If you grant/revoke to/from an object, that metadata must change. In order to change it, an exclusive pin would be required.

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:55 AM
To: sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com; oracle-l

 http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0105/04080510.htm