Restricting procedure calls to a package

From: John P Weatherman <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:30:18 -0400

All,

I may well have been reading the Wrong FM, but I haven't seen this explicitly ruled out anywhere either. Is it possible to grant execute on only selected procedures within a package or is it an all or nothing deal. My developers have managed to code functional units so that all the select/insert/update/delete code is in the same package and they won't break it out...but the end users who can perform these functions very. I know I could control it with table level grants, but as PL/SQL ignores roles, that means I have to maintain very large permissions lists on every user. There has to be a better way (shy of my writing a bunch of additional code to handle user adds and mods).

Thanks,

John

--

John P Weatherman