RE: Editing pfile created from spfile

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:57:45 -0400

Heh...I was going to say the same about unix.

Of course, if the file is from unix and the editor is on windows, well, that's a generic problem w/ text files, and the end-of-line convention used on the respective platforms. If you're on unix, many (most?) flavors of unix have pair of utilities, dos2unix and unix2dos to help w/ that problem.

Also, regarding the 2095 error, what parameter did you try to change, and exactly what was the syntax? Please cut and paste the command and the error text received.

Thanks,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Michael Ray Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:42 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Editing pfile created from spfile

Oracle claims the create pfile from spfile command results in an ascii file, which technically is correct, but it's got special ascii characters so notepad or the like isn't suitable to edit it. I'll probably use a hex editor, but I wondered how exact I have to be on using these special characters around the static parameter I need to add. Has anybody had to edit one of these?

I was also annoyed that metalink said you could add a static parameter to the spfile if you limited the scope to spfile. I still got the 2095.

Shalom

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 15:57:45 CDT