Re: Grid Control - opinions please

From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:31:43 -0500

I use the GC. I run it on Linux. Once installed it was fine. I attempted to get the install to run on Unix first. Bad idea. Oracle support kept finding more patches to code to get me to the next error. I gave up and tried on Linux. First try, it went right on with no errors.

The interface is a little clumsy to me. Since it is web based now, things have been moved around. A few things I still haven't found on it. Such as, a list of current users logged into the system. I can find the Top Sessions link but it only lists the background processes of oracle and not the users. I have to go to Top Sql to get to the users logged in.

I am employed at a University and we have a site license for Oracle. This covers it all.

-