Re: OT: percent of DBAs that know how to impletement database security measures

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:48:42 -0500 (CDT)

If you take out the part "know how to", as in

... a full 60 percent of DBAs do not implement database security...

then I would say that based on my experience it's too low.

For example, when I find a shared Oracle account on a production system with DBA privileges AND the username equal to the password, the response by management is "Yeah, we know, but it's too difficult to change it right now. We'll do it later".

Keith