RE: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

From: GBA-DBA <gba.oraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:13:11 -0500

You mean setting this variables at the remote Oracle server??

Regards
GBA

De: John Scoles [mailto:scoles_at_pythian.com] Enviado el: Martes, 04 de Abril de 2006 11:06 Para: gba.oraclel_at_gmail.com
Asunto: Re: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

Looks like you do not have the proper environment values set

make sure you have ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH , LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly and both ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH are in your path statement.

You might also ask this question on perl.dbi.users as well

Hi, I'm trying to run this Perl script against a remote Oracle 10g R1 database. I'm using WinXP and i already have the oracle client software installed and working.

My Perl version is 5.8.7
DBI version is: 1.50
DBD version is: 1.17

#!perl -w

use strict;

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:maxdev1', 'scott', 'tiger',

                        { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0 } );

print $dbh->selectrow_array(qq{ SELECT 'Hello World' FROM DUAL });

$dbh->disconnect( );

This is the error message i get:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 3) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 3. Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected  at C:\Perl\code\select_dual_short.plx line 9

Any clues about what can be wrong??

Regards
GBA