RE: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:28:13 -0500

I have only compiled this on UNIX so I can only guess, but it seems you are missing an oracle shared library. In my experience various client installs are missing key libraries that Perl needs and are only found in server installs. Basically I look for the missing shared libraries on the server install (same version of course) and copy them down to the client. In the past when one library was missing, usually others were missing as well so I tend to copy the entire directory of the missing library down. Unfortunately I can't remember the directories as I haven't compiled Perl dbd/dbi in over a year, but it is two different lib directories and a sample directory if I am not mistaken.

Ken Naim