Re: dbms_scheduler & dst switchover

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:18:19 -0400

I think i have fixed the problem. This behavior happens if one of the global attributes for dbms_scheduler (named default_timezone) is not set. You can set it using dbms_scheduler.set_scheduler_attribute procedure call.

If it isn't set, scheduler assumes the timezone based on the start_date of the job, which could cause problems (as in our case).

HTH some
Raj

On 4/4/06, rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a developer complaining that his scheduled job (5:45am) is
> running an hour late since the dst switchover.
>
> I am looking into docs and metalink for any useful hints to do some
> wrapping so that we don't have to drop and recreate the scheduled jobs
> everytime we switch back-n-forth with EST/EDT stuff.
>
> How do you handle this in your environment? Any ideas? we use 10.1.0.4
> TIA
> Raj
> Got RAC?

Got RAC?