RE: IMPORTANT: Complaint about private answers in oracle-l list

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:18:43 -0500

When I answer, I hit "reply all".

This seems to send a private as well as a public message to the group.

I think there's some wisdom to this. You can't expect everyone to be subscribed at any given point in time.

I don't normally send private messages, however, I do think I have the right to respond to an individual privately, on any topic (DBA related or not) if I think it is something that concerns only them and I.