RE: two databases in a server

From: Tom Fox <tom_at_tafox.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:17:16 -0500 (EST)

We run about 30 instances on one HP 9000 and 20 more on another HP 9000, with one being production and the other test/dev. We have no issue with downtime, and most of our databases have been up for around 1 year.

I've heard arguments from many well known people, including the link sent before, but what you save on the DBA side, you spend on the SA side. You're going to have an increase in work somewhere.

--Tom