Grid Control - Production Use For Mgmt/Admin of databases

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:37:41 -0500

Is anyone currently using Grid Control 10g release 2 for management and administration?

I am currently working on a project to install and evaluate it, and have yet to successfully integrate the server and agents.

There seems to be numerous bugs (even on solaris - relatively stable platform for Oracle!!!).

I have opened several tars, as the command names and parameters have changed (ie: agentctl is gone, replaced by emctl plus new options) and these are NOT COMPLETELY DOCUMENTED (it at all) in the manuals.

I am ready to say that this product does not stack up well to third party tools (such as Quest and BMC) since installation is difficult, buggy, and labor intensive.

Has anyone had any experience which would dispute this? I'd love to hear from them.