RE: ZERO Database Downtime???

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:30:13 -0500

Heck I don't know.

Because the migration documentation says to do it the other way? Upgrade the software and then upgrade the data dictionary?

I'm assuming that it might be a bad idea to have upgraded OS software without the matching upgraded data dictionary components.

Maybe that's a bad assumption - buts that's always the way Oracle has said to do it.