Dataguard on 10.1.04.0 on Linux

From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:25:07 +0100 (BST)

Has anyone configured a logical standby database using dataguard ie dgmgrl.

  I've done the following but i get an error, see bottom, has anyone done this, this is my first attempt at creating a logical standby, do I need to follow the steps in the Oracle DataGuard manual chapter 4 (Creating a logical standby) or does dgmgrl take care of everything!

  Am trying to add repn as the logical standby.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  DGMGRL> add database 'repn' as connect identifier is repn maintained as logical;
Database "repn" added.
DGMGRL> show configuration;

Configuration
Name: atex_nationals
Enabled: YES
Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
Databases:
caprn - Primary database
raprn - Physical standby database
repn - Logical standby database (disabled)

Current status for "atex_nationals":
SUCCESS DGMGRL> enable database repn;

Enabled.
DGMGRL> DGMGRL> show configuation;
show configuation;
^
Syntax error before or at "configuation" DGMGRL> show configuration;

Configuration
Name: atex_nationals
Enabled: YES
Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
Databases:
caprn - Primary database
raprn - Physical standby database
repn - Logical standby database

Current status for "atex_nationals":
Warning: ORA-16607: one or more databases have failed

DGMGRL>