Re: Going multicore, Sun Fire T2000 (8 cores)

From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:30:58 -0600

We just went through a licensing analysis for the T1000 and the Multicore processors,.. in the Oracle licensing document it states that for Intel Multi-Core system the algorithm is the number of cores * .25 for the processor license. For IBM and/or HP (I might be off a little here cause we didn't dive into the HP and IBM processors) but I believe it stated the #processors * .5.

For SUN Multicore processors the algorithm was the #cores * .75 so for 8 cores the license would be the same as it is for 6 processors

Mike

Matthew Zito wrote:
RE: Going multicore, Sun Fire T2000 (8 cores)

From an Oracle licensing perspective, 8 cores in the niagra processor count as one processor for Oracle licenseing purposes.

Thanks,
Matt