RE: Going multicore, Sun Fire T2000 (8 cores)

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:42:16 -0500

Well, the 6500 isn't any more reliable than the T2000, and you can get a 6500 these days for less than $20k. I'm not sure whether its going to be faster than the 6500, since each of the cores on the niagra chip is "less" of a processor than a normal one, but there should be little difference in reliability.

Thanks,
Matt