Q:Partial backup database using rman

From: Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:43:00 +0200

Hi ,

I need to develop a backup procedure for a VLDB (3-4 Tb).

Most of the data is irrelevant for recovery process for the business perceptive .

I know , I can backup only partial list of Tablespaces .

The problem is that the restore process which is complicate the steps need to be done (manual) :

  1. Create control file without the Tablespaces which weren't backup
  2. Recover the database
  3. create the new empty Tablespaces. Add the recreate the objects (partitions) on the tablespaces.

This process is not simple and require dba , I wander in 10gr2 which some less complicated.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to ECtel Ltd. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.