Re: Query with buffer (sorts) taking age to complete.

From: The Human Fly <>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:14:04 +0300

Thanks list for your interest in solving the issue.

However, I have resolved the issues. I took trace event 10053 with level 1 on AIX as well HP-SUPERDOM and quick to spot that the parameter 'query_rewirte_enabled' was set to FALS on HPSUPERDOM. I changed it to TRUE and the sql runs like as its was.

Thanks once again to all.

On 3/25/06, John Clarke <> wrote:
> More specific to LiShan's reply, do you have system statistics in place, and by chance do they reflect values captured while on the old server? I've seen issues like these.
> Othet things that would come to mind are any direct or asynch IO parameters that may no longer be appropriate. But I doubt it's this or any other massive host or SAN issue in light of the fact that execution plans have changed.

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
8i,9i & 10g, OCP DBA
Banque Saudi Fransi,
Saudi Arabia
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."