RE: Truncate table "REUSE STORAGE"

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:46:28 -0500

But the disadvantage of reusing storage is if the table data will fit into a smaller allocation then on reload this unnecessary space will still be allocated to the table and its indexes. If freeing space was not the point of the reorganization then what was?

If the table will expand again to fill the same space then maybe you do want to reuse. Just keep in mind why you are unloading, truncating, and reloading.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --