RE: Metalink is going back to the future

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:18:29 -0600

Yes but think if it this way, if we could download now then we could fix the bugs before it got published!

Ric

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Wolfgang Breitling Sent: Fri 3/24/2006 9:07 AM
To: Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com
Cc: rjamya_at_gmail.com; Oracle Discussion List Subject: RE: Metalink is going back to the future

Quoting "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>:

> Of course the download link doesn't work, the file doesn't exist yet!
> ;-)

Thank goodness it doesn't. Just think of the ramifications if it did. It would arrive before it left when you downloaded it. That would wreak total havoc with any transmission speed metrics. The wrapping issues with some v$ counters would pale in comparison.

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA